The CWCC and the Denver Women’s Commission will honor five Colorado lawmakers for their leadership and work they have done for women at the annual Colorado Lawmakers Award Reception from 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. on Nov. 6 at the Governor’s Residence. Honorees include:
- U.S. Representative Diana DeGette – For her leadership on the issues of stem-cell research and children’s health.
- Elaine Gantz Berman, Colorado State Board of Education – For her leadership in the field of education as past chair of the Denver Public School Board and founding Colorado Legacy foundation and DPS School Partnership program with businesses.
- State Senator Nancy Spence – For being Senate Minority Leader, a strong voice for women in the Republican Party and for advancing innovation in education.
- State Senator Sue Windels – For sponsoring the Wage Transparency Act as a tool to gain pay equity (term limited).
- State Representative Rosemary Marshall – For her leadership and understanding of business and labor issues, for sponsoring the Financial Literacy Education bill this year, and the bill to address problems in obtaining Colorado IDs last year (vetoed by Governor).
The cost to attend the event is $30 pre-registered, $40 at the door. Click here to register.