CWCC is one of the largest women's chambers of commerce in the country with a community of over 400 member businesses and 1,600 individual members representing a wide variety of both for- and non-profit organizations. Our mission is to provide women opportunities that better our community and economy, help women grow their businesses and their careers; ultimately finding success in work and in life.
We serve our mission and our members through a variety of programs, workshops, and events.
CWCC was founded in 1988 by a group of nine women to give women a voice in business, support women in business, and provide resources to help them succeed. Women own 10.6 million businesses in the United States and employ 19.1 million workers - that is one in every seven employees. Women-owned businesses account for .5 trillion in sales. Colorado is ranked first in the country for economic success, and second in the country for most entrepreneurial.
We like to say we are "transformational, versus transactional." We focus on supporting women and all of their intersectional identities in three ways:
- Relationships: While we are a business organization and encourage our members to do business with one another, the way many women do business is different. We foster an inclusive community focused on building relationships and explore belonging.
- Our culture: CWCC is comprised primarily of professional women from diverse backgrounds who focus on how they can support and partner with one another. We also welcome men and other allies to join the community and support the mission.
- Development Opportunities: In order to change the statistics around women in business, we work to provide programs, education, advocacy, resources, and tools that will support the growth and advancement of women business owners and women advancing in careers. We also build networking opportunities into our programs and events for more intimate interactions.
The Colorado Women's Chamber of Commerce presents and conducts approximately 100 workshops, educational seminars and events annually attended by more than 3,500 people each year. This variety of programming provides outstanding, high-visibility opportunities for sponsors to participate in and support our mission of advocacy around empowering women in business, pay equity, placing women on boards and honoring individuals and businesses for the work they do on our behalf.
As a sponsor, your company or organization will receive special recognition that provides exposure to Metro-Denver's top executives, community leaders and media. Your sponsorship sends a strong message that your brand is aligned with CWCC's mission to support our members' business success.
For more information contact Kate Hazelbaker at 303.458.0220 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more than 35 years, CWCC has been a vital part of the Colorado business community. Our mission is to provide women opportunities that better our community and economy, help women grow their businesses and their careers; ultimately find success in work and in life.
Joining CWCC is an effective business strategy. A national survey* of 2,000 adults reveals that being active in a local chamber of commerce is an effective business strategy because two-thirds of consumers believe that such companies use good business practices, are reputable, care about their customers, and are involved in the community. If a company shows that it is highly involved in its local chamber (e.g., is a chamber board member), consumers are 10% more likely to think its products stack up better against its competition.
* The study was conducted by The Schapiro Group, an Atlanta-based strategic consulting firm. It was commissioned by the American Chamber of Commerce Executives (ACCE), in cooperation with the Western Association of Chamber Executives.
Additional benefits of joining:
- Network with organizations ranging from small businesses to Fortune 500 companies
- Access to 400+ members and 1,600 individuals from those member organizations
- Access to development opportunities for business and career growth
- You're not just part of a chamber, but part of a movement for women in business
More than half of CWCC members are small business owners. Small businesses represent the largest segment of our membership. A national study* indicates that chamber membership has consistent and powerful benefits for small business members. If respondents know that a small business is a member of its local chamber, the business enjoys:
- 49% increase in its consumer favorability rating
- 73% increase in consumer awareness
- 68% increase in its local reputation
- 80% increase in the likelihood that consumers will patronize the business in the future
Join us today by completing the online membership application or contact our staff at email@example.com or 303.458.0220.
Yes. CWCC has grown to be one of the largest women's chambers in the country by being inclusive - men are not only members, but part of our leadership, and essential to supporting businesses' diversity and inclusion efforts.
CWCC has a broad base of members representing more than 400 Denver businesses and 1,600 members ranging in size, revenue, industry, and strategic focus. Our members range from presidents and CEOs to small business owners, from large corporations to small non-profit organizations.
Join the ranks of other women in business by completing our online membership application or contact our staff at firstname.lastname@example.org or 303.458.0220.
Please consider sending another company representative or representatives, who may want to participate in any of our professional development programs and events. Regardless of participation, CWCC is a voice for women in business and your membership supports our mission.
- ACCESS: to top business and community leadership, as well as local lawmakers and officials.
- CONNECTIONS: to business prospects and opportunities to reach new audiences; to build relationships and participate in more than 100 business development events including round tables, community days networking events, peer groups, workshops, educational seminars, networking programs, policy reviews, as well as access to the quarterly networking events for corporate members.
- EDUCATION & RESOURCES: to build and enhance skills with leadership, mentorship, and professional development workshops and programs.
- INFORMATION AND ANALYSIS: to learn more about business trends and public policy issues from our website and publications.
- VISIBILITY: to more than 5,700 business and community leaders who attend our events including our signature events: State of Women in Business, Champions of Change, Top 25 Most Powerful Women in Business, and the ATHENA Leadership Award, as well as more than 100 educational and networking events.
Joining CWCC is easy! Simply complete our online membership application or contact our staff at email@example.com or 303.458.0220.
There are several ways to register for any of CWCC's events:
- Visit CWCC's website and register on the events calendar page.
- Call CWCC at 303.458.0220 and our staff can register you for the event.
You will need to pre-pay when you are registering to attend any of our events. 48-hour notice is required for all cancellations unless otherwise listed on the event registration page. No-shows will be charged automatically when the event is over. Please consider sending another representative from your business if you are unable to attend. We can easily replace your name with theirs on the event registration.
Passes are only used by our members and are one of the benefits you receive when becoming a CWCC member. Corporate members may give these passes to their employees to use for any of our workshops and events. To use the pass, please register for the event or program on the CWCC website's event calendar page at least 24 hours prior to the event.
The Colorado Women's Chamber of Commerce presents approximately 100 workshops, educational seminars and events annually attended by more than 5,700 people each year:
- Educational seminars and workshops
- Monthly Peer Groups
- CWCC Community Days networking events
- Powerful Voices Conversation Series
- CWCC Leadership Lab
- CWCC Mentorship Program
- Young Professionals Board and YP events
- Signature Events: State of Women in Business, Top 25 Most Powerful Women in Business, and the ATHENA Leadership Award Reception
While we offer certain programs just for CWCC members, we do allow non-members to attend up to two programs as a guest. Other programs are open to all, and you can attend as a non-member. Please note, that some programs and events may have an additional fee and some fees may be slightly more for non-members.
If you would like to be a guest at a program, please reach out to Kate Hazelbaker at KHazelbaker@cwcc.org.