By Diana Cordova, Business Development and Marketing Director, CWCC
Business owners and professionals join the Colorado Women’s Chamber of Commerce, or any Chamber, to grow their network and their business.
The difference between those who realize the benefits of Chamber membership and those who don’t is the individual’s level of involvement. Like most things in life, what you put in is what you get out. For those who aren’t sure about the best ways to get involved and gain visibility, here are a few suggestions:
- Events – all members receive discounted rates for monthly luncheons, business after hours, art gallery openings, high teas, and business expos. Click here for more information.
- Business development – serious contacts leads groups, the leadership collaborative, mentoring, procurement series, educational seminars, and speakers’ bureau. Click here for more information.
- Premier events – Join us at the Lawmaker Awards, November 3, 2011; Orchestrating Leadership, December 15, 2011; the ATHENA Awards Gala, April 26, 2012; the Annual Awards Luncheon, September, 2012. Our premier events not only attract chamber members but community leaders outside of the chamber. Participation is a great way to get exposed and connect.
- Committee seats – CWCC committee involvement allows you to build alliances with other chamber members. Help launch some of the most significant events in the business community, expand your network and demonstrate your talent and commitment to others. Click here for more information.
- Be recognized as an expert and thought leader when you contribute a blog article – you’ll receive exposure through a by line, your logo linked to your web with a blurb about your business at the end of your article, a link to your article on CWCC Facebook and Twitter, a listing on the CWCC blog roll on the home page, and in many cases a highlight in one of our newsletters. Click here for the editorial calendar with monthly topics. Click here and add your email address under email subscription to subscribe to our blog feed.
- Promote an event or discount through CWCC social media – just contact us and we’ll get it posted for you. Be sure and like us on Facebook and follow us on Twitter for all the latest deals and announcements.
- Use our logo – add our logo to your website and marketing materials to show that you are an active member. Consumers tend to prefer companies that are chamber members, according to a Schapiro Group study. In fact, consumers are 63 percent more likely to buy from chamber members. Click here to request a logo.
- Host a seminar – If you have expertise you’d like to share, contact the Chamber about leading a seminar. It’s a great way to gain visibility and build relationships.
- Offer member-to-member discounts (Hot Deals) – If you’d like to generate more business by offering a special discount to chamber members or if you just have a great offer to advertise, post it on the CWCC website through www.chamberlogin.com. It’s free and easy. Click Hot Deals in the left-hand menu, click Add a Hot Deal, complete the fields and submit for approval.
- Advertise your job openings – If you have a job vacancy or you are looking for new employees and want to reach an employee pool outside of your area, post your position for free on the CWCC website through www.chamberlogin.com. Click Job Posting in the left-hand menu, click Add a Job Posting, complete the fields and submit for approval.
- Sponsorship opportunities – Support women in business and connect with a powerful growth market, that’s responsible for 85% of buying decisions, through sponsorship of CWCC’s outstanding, well-attended events. Click here to learn about 2012 opportunities.
- Advertising opportunities in chamber newsletters, the event calendar and the membership directory are available. Contact the chamber for quotes.
- Attend a Women’s Chamber Connect Member Orientation – whether you are new to the Chamber or not, attending orientation is a great way to meet some of our newest members and find out about the latest Chamber happenings.
- Use the online or printed directory to find member businesses to work with.
- Purchase an enhanced listing that highlights your business more extensively on the CWCC web through ChamberMaster. Contact Betsy Stromberg.
- To gain exceptional visibility for your business, advertise in our 2012 print business directory. Contact: Lynn Kensinger – Project Manager firstname.lastname@example.org, 720-287-3464. Advertising deadline is November 15, 2011.
It can be difficult to decide where to begin with all the choices listed above. With the 2012 directory deadlines coming up, consider starting there. Make sure your listing information is updated by no later than November 23rd, and get your ads for the directory in by November 15th for additional visibility. Next, think about your goals for 2012. What activities at the Chamber might best support them? Of the activities you’ve chosen, commit to 3 to 5 of them for 2012 and watch your network and business grow.