Why NOT to Neglect LinkedIn in your Social Media Marketing Efforts
By Heather Lutze, CEO Findability Group Search Marketing and CWCC Member
What do execs from all Fortune 500 companies have that you might not have? No, it’s not the salary… Or the six figure bonuses… It’s a LinkedIn profile! Although we’ve covered LinkedIn before in this article, it gets the least press of all the major social media marketing portals. That leads me to suspect you might be neglecting it. Don’t!
In Chapter 9 of Thumbonomics: the Essential Business Roadmap for Social Media & Mobile Marketing, you’ll learn why LinkedIn is equally as important as those other social media news hogs, and exactly what to do with it.
Remember, each of these big social media sites also functions as a search engine, and the LinkedIn members who are searching within that site could be valuable connections, prospects, sources of information, and leads that you might never find any other way. LinkedIn is simply a fantastic way to network nationwide with peers in your industry, give yourself exposure as an expert, and even – gasp – find out exactly what your competitors are up to in a completely legitimate way.
Thumbonomics Chapter 9 tells you everything you ever wanted to know about LinkedIn but were too busy with Facebook and Google+ to ask.
- Exactly how to set up your LinkedIn profile to help you rank under your important keywords in a Google search
- Enhance your company’s rep and gather professional referrals.
- Set up an official company profile and don’t stop there. Did you realize all your employees should also do their individual business profiles?
- Here’s why: Each employee’s profile can be optimized for a different high value keyword. Chapter 9 shows you how to train your employees to do this. Can you imagine what a boost this could give your company in search rankings?
- Use LinkedIn applications to get double duty out of your company blog or tweets, they can show up right on your LinkedIn homepage.
Did you know you can (and probably should) follow thought leaders in your industry right on LinkedIn? Here are some suggestions:
- David Nour – http://www.LinkedIn.com/in/davidnour
- Laura Stack – http://www.LinkedIn.com/in/laurastack
- Gina Schreck – http://www.LinkedIn.com/in/ginaschreck
- John Sileo – http://www.LinkedIn.com/in/identitytheftspeaker
Chapter 9 also contains a Findability Makeover, which is not so much a makeover as it is a tutorial in how I use LinkedIn to promote the Findability Group and my public speaking career. Check me out on LinkedIn here.
If you’d like to learn more from Heather, she’ll be leading a seminar at the Chamber on September 14th, 2012. Sign up for The Non-Technical Approach to Search Marketing and find out strategies, tactics, tools and tips to optimize your Social Media Marketing efforts in conjunction with your website. Social Media Marketing, just like a website, can be so much more than just an online brochure. Optimizing your Social Media correctly, using free, low-cost tools and Heather’s strategies; website owners can dominate the first page of search engine results. This is the Findability Formula for Social Media – an in depth look into Social Media and a “how-to” approach to dominating search results and market share online. Attendance is limited and registration is filling fast. We hope to see you there.
Heather is the widely acclaimed speaker, trainer, and consultant who literally wrote the book on search engine marketing. Two books, in fact—The Findability Formula: The Easy, Non-Technical Approach to Search Engine Marketing and the brand new Thumbonomics: The Essential Business Roadmap for Social Media & Mobile Marketing. Her writing and in-demand keynotes are delivered with the same witty, “no-geek-speak” style that has managed to demystify internet marketing for countless business owners. Breaking free of corporate “cubicle” jobs over ten years ago with nothing more than a dream of entrepreneurship and a computer in the basement, Heather built her business into a multimillion dollar company—the Findability Group. Today she leads a dedicated and slightly obsessed team of search marketing pros—their mission—to connect clients with their perfect customers online.
Share this article:
Leave a Comment
You must be logged in to post a comment.